- Highest Employer of Labour in the Microfinance Sub-sector & 5th largest Employer of Labour in the National Employment Grid
- Best Farmer of The Year
- Best Microfinance Bank in Agricultural Financing, 2021.
- Most Supportive Bank – National Category
- Most Female-Centric Microfinance Bank.
- Bank with the Most Disbursement count for women and youths.
- Microfinance Bank of the Year, 2021 (8th consecutive time)
- Best National Microfinance Bank (pro-masses) Award.
- Agriculture and Agribusiness Support Microfinance Bank of the Year, 2021.
- Excellence in Product Innovation.
- Award of Merit.
- Most Supportive Financial Institution, 2021.
LAPO Microfinance Bank acquires and implements state-of-the-heart operation software Flexcube 14.3. The core banking system is designed to power the bank’s operations to deliver quality products and services to deliver superior clients. The launch took place on Monday, February 10, 2021.
- Microfinance Bank of the Year
- Dr. Godwin Ehigiamusoe - CEO of the Decade award (2010 -2020)
- Best Participating Bank, 2020.
- Most Supportive Microfinance Bank 2020
In a historic digital ceremony held on June 29 2020, Dr. Godwin Ehigiamusoe closed the trading activities at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) by sounding the closing Gong to commemorate the successful listing of LAPO MFB Limited SPV PLC N6.2 Billion 13% Fixed Rate series II Senior Unsecured Bond.
- Microfinance Bank of The Year 2019
- Best SME Support Bank.
- Ondo State’s Most Outstanding Microfinance Bank.
- Partner Of The Year.
- LAPO Microfinance Bank Powers First Sustainable Finance Conference in the Microfinance Sub-sector in Nigeria.
- LAPO Microfinance gets the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System certification.
- LAPO Microfinance Bank makes history as the first Microfinance Institution in Nigeria to raise funds from the Capital Market through Bond Issuance.
- Microfinance Bank of the Year, 2016
- Best Microfinance Bank in Agricultural Financing, 2015.
- Microfinance Bank of the Year, 2015
- Microfinance Bank of the Year, 2014
- Microfinance Bank of the Year, 2013
- LAPO Microfinance Bank celebrates reaching a one million client base, as well as one billion naira (N1 Billion) cumulative disbursement.
- LAPO Microfinance Bank obtains approval from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to operate as a National Microfinance Bank.
- LAPO Microfinance Bank obtains approval from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to operate as a regulated State Microfinance Bank.
- The LAPO Microfinance Bank Scholarship Scheme is instituted with the $10,000 cash prize from the Grameen Foundation Award for Excellence.
- Excellence in Microfinance.
- The Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO) scaled up as a sustainable and effective lending institution drawing inspiration from the best practice model of Grameen and ASA methodology in Bangladesh.
- The Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO) was formally incorporated as a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) with the Corporate Affairs Commission, the Federal Agency responsible for the establishment and maintenance of companies' registry and offices in all the states of the Federation.
Ford Foundation gave the first ever grant to the Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO).
The Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO) started as a non-profit entity at Ogwashi-Uku in present-day Delta State, Nigeria.
Godwin Ehigiamusoe, PhD. a foremost social entrepreneur and renowned microfinance practitioner committed to poverty alleviation and economic empowerment in Nigeria founded LAPO Microfinance Bank Limited (LAPO MfB)...
Premium customer support
Enjoy the personalized service you need at LAPO Microfinance Bank, including long-term business financial planning and extended-hours access to our specialized business service team.
- One combined monthly statement for all of your business accounts
- Extended-hours access to our specialized business service team